Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lunch in Paris

Today we had lunch in a nice streetside cafe close to home. I had the saumon and salade. To my surpirse it also had ravioli's stuffed with salmon UNDER the salad. If you like salmon, you would have loved this one. Also, when you order a bottle of wine (vin) here during the day you receive it in a thick plastic bag with ice to keep it cool. It is a nice way to handle it, rather than the cumbersome metal stand with a large bucket taking up isle space next to your table.


















On our way to lunch, we were stopped at a corner waiting for the light.  The building behind us had such an amazing facade I had to photograph it.  This ONE building on a random corner is a classic example of how stunning this place is in a city that stretches at least 20 miles across. It is like walking through an outside museum.   In my opinion this is the most architectually artistic city on this planet.  It is a place everyone should see in their lifetime.  There is nothing else like it anywhere that I know of.   This is just one 6 story building.  I cropped  a couple blow ups of the hand craftsmanship. 















Its funny.  I have  been observing people here, thousands of people.  They are walking down the streets, some in a hurry, some not, trying to make their bus or train connections.  Some are holding hands, some kissing, some talking on their cell  phones,  MOST of them smoking cigarrettes, some walking their dogs, some begging, some shopping, some eating gelato.  Many sitting in the streetside cafes eating and drinking their way through lunch.  

 Today we saw a group of Nuns in full garb staring (and I swear drooling)  into the glass display windows of a Memphisto Walking Shoe Store.  I wish I had my camera then!  It was a sight.

AND, So many of the women here are the most beautiful I have ever seen any place.  Outrageous Incredible clothing, and Shoes Shoes Shoes.   I tell you, many are wearing thousands of dollars worth of clothing in one single outfit, and it looks like it!  And ohh they have the model pouty faces.  Wow!

But I don't see a lot of people stopping to look around and appreciate the surroundings. 
That strikes me as bizzare. 
Does that mean I'm a tourist?

Tomorrow is a travel day.  We head to Joiny by train to be in position to get on the boatthe next day and take off  for the week.  We are really excited.
























1 comment:

  1. I love it Kay! I feel like I am with you guys!! I am "following your blog"..everytime you update it..I will get a text...lol. Cool huh??!!
    Love and miss you..
    Shalene

    ReplyDelete