Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lockkeepers House

This is where things really started getting pretty.
Flower gardens started taking over the lockkeepers yards.

We pulled into this one, and everyone was admiring the colors.  Then this man walks up with a handful of fresh cut flowers.  Pretty, bright, colorful.  He walks toward me holding them out and said fresh flowers for the lady?   I was touched and reached out to take them.  I smiled and thanked him profusely.

It reminded me of an experience in Elizabeth City Virginia (I believe it was) where the town ladies greet the cruisers with a fresh Rose for all the women who stop there for the night. 

So here he is handing me flowers and then he said something I did not understand.
I said, " Sorry, pardon me?"  And he repeated it again... I still did not catch it,  and said "Sorry? Pardon?"  He said in pretty good English this time...  $2.00 Euros.   We all laughed.   
Then I thought what the hell give the guy 2 Euros.  But I did think it funny.
I thought he was being so nice bringing flowers to a pretty girl, and he was... for 2 euros. 

J arranged them nicely on the table.  We took off laughing..  But you know, it was nice for the next several days to enjoy those colorful flowers, and the laugh.   It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment