Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chateau Chambord 1

So we traveled by train to the Loire Valley.  Also known as the valley of kings.   We stayed on the grounds of Chateau Chambord.  ( yes just like the after dinner sippy that tastes like berries.  Anyway, we walked around the grounds, and I took waay too many pictures of course.  So I will do my best to put as many here as I can. 

This site does not like if I attatch more than 3 or 4 to each page so bear with me.  N & K are in the foreground here.  And  this was our view from our bedroom window.  This "chateau" is my favorite.  I made a bunch of notes about this place from the brocures, but i can not cut and paste like I thought so it will be a project to transfer all that info here.  I will work on it another time.  For now you'll have to just enjoy the pics. 

I will add that the first day we were here, I snapped off a bunch but then the next morning I woke up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked out the window and saw some fog.  I grabbed my camera and RAN out the door to catch what I could before it burned off.   The morning pics are by far the best I have taken and my personal favorites...  wish you ALL could  have been there.  It was breathtaking! (and worth getting out of bed for!)  ha

















Above is the library room.  This book case is about 20 ft. tall.
The stairway is designed by Leonardo Di Vinci and it is a famous
design.  You will read more about it later.  Its getting late here. ha

1 comment: