Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chambord 2





Looking from the upper level down along the river/canal that connects to the mote.  Here we were about 100 ft. in the air.  Maybe more.


  The architecture in this ONE center piece of the roof top was astounding.  It was all hand carved and hand designed.  I feel so limited by the words I know to describe what I am seeing in this place.  You can not imaging how large it is OR what you are seeing.  And the stained glass work is hundreds of years old surrounding it on each level allowing the sunlight in.

2 comments:

  1. Kay, your pictures are so beautiful. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt that in a previous lifetime, I lived in the Med. period with the spectacular architecure, still around today. It nearly takes my breath away and makes my heart pound. Love the pictures Kay, thanks.

    ReplyDelete