Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Warning: Foie Gras Crossing

Sept 25th  (I think)

I feel it would be remiss of me  to not show my respect by way of mention to the Foie Gras Gods who are responsible for the (literally) POUNDS of Foie Gras we have eaten as a group so far on this adventure.  (aren't they cute)

Some brands are better than others, certainly. 
But we have had several that were so much like butter it just melted in our mouths.  Then to combine that flavor with fresh roasted figs, with honey drizzled over top and lightly stuffed with a great blue, accompannied by a nice bordeaux... I am telling you it is heavenly.  It has been incredible. 


I'd like to tip my hat to those responsible who have supplied us with this delicacy to be enjoyed until it is coming out of our ears.  It took about 3 weeks but we finally started saying, "Honestly, I can't eat anymore." 


On the day were driving to Rocamadour we spotted this farm on the side of the road.  Knowing what it was I just had to get out and take a closer look at these little cuties. 

As we got out of the car and approached this fence they all hurried over in a large group to see what we were up too.  They were just hanging out.  It looked like they were ready for lunch. 

Watching them made me start thinking about lunch.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment