Monday, October 25, 2010

Cinque Terre Last Pics

 


































So this is one of my favorite pics of this whole trip.  I don't know why, it just speaks to me.

It reminds me of  a different way of life. And of something that most people in general,  have  lost along the way while trying to "keep up with the Jones'  ...  Its the simplicity of life.  Slower, more relaxed, more enjoyed, healthier by far.   

I can only imagine how the lives have changed for the locals in these tiny little towns, since tourism has become the main driving force of income in this area. 

I saw alot of shopkeepers that looked really tired, and not all that happy to be open some days, due to the increased amount of people who are visiting daily here.  That was a new sight for me. 

Having grown up in a small tourist town myself I recognized the look they had on their faces and I could relate to how they seemed to feel.  It looked like it had been a long long season for them and they still had a month yet to go. 


                                       

  One night we went to Vernazza on the train w/ G & J to check out an after dinner place, and I took this  while we were waiting for the train to take us back to Manarola.         Please stand BEHIND the yellow line.  They don't always slow down in these tunnels.   

No comments:

Post a Comment